Joey Luft gay?

Everything that doesn't fit into a specific forum.
Forum rules
Click here to view the board rules of the Judy Garland Message Board

Joey Luft gay?

Postby kittengirl1000 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:49 pm

Is there any truth in Judy's youngest Joey being gay? On some message boards people have said Joey is gay, I know Lorna said in her book Joey's had girlfriends and has come close to marrying.
Judy fan since 2002
kittengirl1000

Postby polo_tottie » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm

i shouldn't think so - just because someone isn't married doesn't mean they're gay. it must be hard for him and anyone connected to him and his family to live with a legacy like Judy Garland.

I don't actually know anything about Joey apart from the photos which show he's balding... and that he's a freelance photographer. Does anyone else know anything? he seems by all accounts to be a really sweet guy!
We built this city on rock n' roll
polo_tottie

Postby Poppy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:56 pm

Unfortunately, I've read he has the same battles that Liza and Judy had-only with "different" things. I don't know if this is true or not. I hope he is doing okay now - if they were true statements.
Poppy

Postby Alice Mayberry » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:16 pm

What 'different' things?? Was it hash??
Alice Mayberry

Postby Esther Blodgett-Smith » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:45 pm

Didn't he used to work for a pharmacutical company?? I know that I had read that somewhere......

I think it must be hard for Joey to find 'the right girl', due to WHO his family is..............

Of course that's not to say that I would turn him down!!! Even if he's balding!!
Image'I'll sing 'em all and we'll stay ALL NIGHT!'
Esther Blodgett-Smith

Postby nickburk_24 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:34 pm

Joe is a photographer. He lives in California. I don't know that much about him either. He has managed to keep his personal life quite. I did read that he attempted to get into show business but it didn't work out. I met him last summer and he was really nice. It was really sweet to see how his eyes just lit up when he talked about his mother. He really loves her as i'm sure Liza and Lorna do too. I don't think he's gay tho.
nickburk_24

Postby Alice Mayberry » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:29 pm

Poor Joe... He was so young when Judy died, (only 14),.. I bet he misses her so much...
Alice Mayberry

Postby sjack827 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:08 pm

I read people speculating on him. No one seems to know anything much. I've read that Joey was brain damaged when he was born (remember he almost died in childbirth) and that he also suffered from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome as Judy abused drugs throughout her pregnancy. He worked for a drug store as a delievery boy at some point. He lived with his father for years; it was often said he was taking care of his aging father but in truth it was the other way around. Liza turned over her financial interests from her mothers estate to Joey and has helped him financially through the years. He has visited New York at least twice in the past year (he was seen with Liza). Since Sid Lufts passing it is believed he's living in a group home.
sjack827

Postby Alice Mayberry » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:37 pm

Actually I remember reading in one of the biographys that Joey was slightly brain damaged due to Drug and Alcohol abuse from Judy during the pregnancy...

What is a Group Home ????
Alice Mayberry

Postby blackmagic » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:08 pm

I've seen pictures of him and it does look like he has fetal alcohol syndrome.
His eyes are quite slanted and have that 'drunk' look..I can't really describe it. I often thought Liza had that look as well, and Vincente.

All I know is that when he was born his lungs wouldn't work properly. I think if he was gay we would know about it.

A group home..is like a halfway house for people who suffer from mental illness or other chronic illness and need help with daily living because they can't live independently.
blackmagic

Postby eega beeva » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:52 pm

Oh man, why would this be of anyone's interest? He's not in show business, not in the public eye, so let the guy be. And even if you figure this out for sure, why even bother? I mean, no one is investigating your privacy to figure out whether you prefer this or that?
Hurrying through sweetnesses with revel leaps
Down many-glimmered estuaries of dream
eega beeva

Postby blackmagic » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:58 pm

Settle down. I suppose someone could just ask him if they THAT interested. Did it ever occur to you that that's a natural question for a girl to ask a guy if she liked him? I know I would.
blackmagic

Postby Alice Mayberry » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:55 pm

Its in our interest because we are talking about Judy Garlands one and only SON!
Alice Mayberry

Postby ryan_z » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:23 pm

Joey Luft was recently in the audience of Liza Minnelli's concert in Temecula, CA (October, 2006).
ryan_z

Postby Daniele » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:40 pm

I want to thank you all about these precious infos about Joey. I think he's too cute to be alone...if he wants a 24 years old girl I'm here!!!!
"How long I wondered, could this thing last, but the age of
miracles, hadn't passed
For suddenly, I saw you there
And through foggy London town, the sun was shining everywhere"(A Foggy Day - song that makes me cry!)
Daniele

Next

Return to JUDY: IN GENERAL