Judy had her nose done? [michael jackson assertion]

Everything that doesn't fit into a specific forum.
Forum rules
Click here to view the board rules of the Judy Garland Message Board

Judy had her nose done? [michael jackson assertion]

Postby sophia_louise » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:27 pm

I was reading back through michael jackson autobiography last night. And came across somethin that shocked me a little bit. He was talking about plastic surgery. And he said ''Judy garland and jean harlow and many other had their noses done. My problem is that as a child star people got used to seeing me look one way.'' ... when i saw that i was like Whhaaaaa??? Have i missed something?? Judy had her NOSE done? I thought 'nahhh course she didnt michaels wrong!!'
Now will you guys reasure me that michael got his facts wrong. Cuz iv never seen anythin about judy getting her nose done? Unless hes on about when the studios put that thing up her nose in pictures to make her look ''better'' .
You Must laugh an awful lot. - Judy
sophia_louise

Re: Judy had her nose done??

Postby Vintage_Chick » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 pm

I know which part your talking about. I had to stop and think, she did?
From what i know of Judy (which is very little cause i'm still quite a 'new' fan) i don't think she had a nose job, i think it was more discs for her nose or something..something to reshape it.

Michael knew who Judy was, but i doubt he really looked deeply into what she did - like he had the time anyway!

So i think it was just a mistake on Michael's part, not meaning to offend or anything, but rather try to make a point..
Vintage_Chick

Postby martha » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:39 pm

i do not believe judy had any cosmetic surgery. at all.
“you have to know what you’re singing about before you can get the idea over to other people”
martha

Postby Littlejessy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:49 pm

She had them little discs you shove up your nostrils to flare them. I really do not think she has plastic surgery she was petrified of the dentist and had people on their hands and knees praying for her survival when she was giving birth haha hardly going to walk in a doctors office and get her nose smashed in. Her nose did look more petite as she got older but I think thats just what happens??? If she did. Fabulous work Judy dearest.
Littlejessy

Postby pinkie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:02 pm

My personal opinion is that Judy didn't have a nose job. Only because I'm sure we would have heard more about it. Michael Jackson would have hardly been an authority on Judy. I think it's possible her nose looked different sometimes, because of the nose discs, and the 'nose putty' she often wore. I think she stopped wearing it after her teens. Also, her weight fluctuated a lot, and I swear I have heard a lot of people say that the size and shape of your nose can look a bit different because of weight gain or weight loss. I have even heard people talk of 'pregnancy nose' :shock: a 'fatter' nose from the weight gain of being pregnant! so anyway, I don't think Judy had a nose job. you could usually tell back then, when the surgery wasn't as good, and people do have big mouths. It also just doesn't seem like something she would do, even if she did sometimes have insecurities about her looks.
pinkie

Postby kittengirl1000 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Just wondering did Michael ever meet Judy? Liza did mention she had known Michael since he was 5.
Judy fan since 2002
kittengirl1000

Postby Chaplin1914 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Judy's nose was perfect.
Chaplin1914

Postby ziegfeldgirl » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Chaplin1914 wrote:Judy's nose was perfect.

I agree! It's absolutely perfect.
ziegfeldgirl

Postby Dorothy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:50 pm

ziegfeldgirl wrote:

Me too! I'd love to have a nose like that!

I don't think she had her nose done: first I don't see why only Michael Jackson and nobody else would have known this, and then plastic surgery wasn't very common like nowadays, it was more for serious reasons, wasn't it? We certainly would have known about!
For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
Dorothy

Postby sophia_louise » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:55 pm

kittengirl1000 wrote:Just wondering did Michael ever meet Judy? Liza did mention she had known Michael since he was 5.

I dont think so, there isnt a picture. But who knows maybe he did. I never heard him ever mention judy atall.
sophia_louise

Postby PoppyMars » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Dorothy wrote:
ziegfeldgirl wrote:

Me too! I'd love to have a nose like that!

I don't think she had her nose done: first I don't see why only Michael Jackson and nobody else would have known this, and then plastic surgery wasn't very common like nowadays, it was more for serious reasons, wasn't it? We certainly would have known about!

I agree..IF Judy had had her nose done, we would know about it..the press (and other people) wouldn't miss writing about that for sure ;).
and I love her cute little nose too :)
PoppyMars

Postby JuDyFaN92 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:56 pm

I admit I did the same reaction when I read that part. I think maybe he got confused about the nose disk things she wore when she was younger, or something like that? :?
''How Wonderful that I'm Beholding,
A Never-neverLand Unfolding
Where We Polish up the Stars, Mountains we move
In A Life where All The Pleasures, we will Prove...
JuDyFaN92

Postby sophia_louise » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:56 pm

yeh judyfan, it must be that, i think michael heard somethin and assumed it was plastic surgery when its just the nose disk thing. I gather he doesnt know much about judy lol!
sophia_louise

Postby notjudyg » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:14 pm

I highly doubt she had cosmetic surgery on her nose.
notjudyg

Re: Judy had her nose done? [michael jackson assertion]

Postby Paul Walsh » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:06 pm

There is no evidence of Judy ever having any form of cosmetic surgery. I don't think it was done as freely back then as it is today or perhaps it wasn't talked about. I don't think the shape of her nose altered throughout her life dramatically.

I think her teeth were one thing that did alter dramatically throughout her life and that is because in most of her MGM films pre 1944 she wore caps to create a 'perfect' smile.
Paul Walsh
aka 'garland'

Next

Return to JUDY: IN GENERAL