Images of Judy After Death

Everything that doesn't fit into a specific forum.
Forum rules
Click here to view the board rules of the Judy Garland Message Board

Images of Judy After Death

Postby me323 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:03 am

Hello

I recently heard that their are existing photos of Judy Garland after her death. Does anybody know if this is true? Has anybody seen them? I mean, the pictures of Marilyn Monroe after death are pretty much on the first page of Google Images, However of all the images I've seen of Judy there has never even been any mention of these death pictures.
If anyone could shed some light on this issue, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
me323

Re: Judy's Death

Postby Sarah » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:32 am

I've never heard of any such photos existing and, to be honest, I wouldn't want to see them if they did exist!
"Dear when in your arms I creep/That divine rendevous/Well don't wake me if I'm alseep/Let me dream that it's true/Kiss me once, then once more/What a dunce I was before...."
Sarah

Re: Judy's Death

Postby martha » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 pm

Golly, this subject seems to come up every couple of years. I think our modern sensibility, atuned to omnipresent cell phones and digital cameras, just expects that someone, out of the thousands who paid their respects at the funeral home viewing would have snapped something. And there was an open casket.

Hampered by clumsier photographic equipment in 1969 and perhaps (I can hope for the best in human nature) held back by a sense of decorum -- I don't believe any pictures have surfaced of Garland post mortem, prepared for public view or otherwise.

I take some solace in the class of this fact.

I hope images never surface if they exist.
“you have to know what you’re singing about before you can get the idea over to other people”
martha

Re: Images of Judy After Death

Postby Sarah » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:19 pm

I feel the same, Martha. I can't think why anybody would wanna see such photos. I have never seen the Marilyn ones either and don't wish to.
"Dear when in your arms I creep/That divine rendevous/Well don't wake me if I'm alseep/Let me dream that it's true/Kiss me once, then once more/What a dunce I was before...."
Sarah

Postby BlueSomehow » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:35 pm

I have seen the Marilyn ones, and some other famous people after death, too, quite accidentally. Unfortunately sometimes they do pop up on Google. It isn't something I would actually want to see, so I'm glad nothing of Judy has surfaced. :?
Image sig by tinman
BlueSomehow

Postby eega beeva » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Of course we all know what Judy's body looked like in her final days and during final performances. So, after the actual death... the condition and the visuals were surely not changed for better. Any public display would be tasteless and unnecessary.

Now, on a similar subject (and for all you lovers of symmetry), do you think we'll ever get to see some photos of Judy before she was actually born? I wish they had the technology back then, like they do now.
: )
Heaven's leaning down to embrace from all sides earth
eega beeva

Postby MrMonotony » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:15 pm

The only photos I've seen that were taken after Judy's death is her closed casket and nothing else. I've wondered what her body would have looked like when she was on view in Frank E. Campbell's, but I don't technically want to see it. From what I know, there are no photos of Judy's body to be seen online - and if some do exist, I'd prefer it if he or she that has them not share them; it would be tasteless and disrespectful. What if Lorna's kids Googled their grandmother and the first thing they saw would be her lifeless corpse?

I shudder to think of it.
*Sig by tinman*
What do you do when you love somebody so much ... and they don't even know you're around?
MrMonotony

Postby Hannah » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:11 pm

My great-grandmother attented the memorial. She said she looked like a little doll. I'm actually getting a bit teary thinking about it. I bet she would hate it if people just plastered pictures like that on the Internet. That would be very disrespectful.
Hannah

Postby bjc103 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:53 am

I agree with what has already been said, taking pictures of someone during their viewing (or whatever they refer to it as) is just disrespectful. Now, that aside, I doubt that anyone would allow someone to take a picture of the body. I mean anyone could go see her, but they would have had security of some sort there and taking pictures of the body itself would be something that I would think would not be permitted. The only photos I've seen of Judy "after death" are the pictures of the coffin being lifted into the hearse and the coffin covered in flowers and I didn't even wish to see those.
bjc103

Postby Paul Walsh » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:49 pm

I may be mistaken here but would there not be images of her body in her autopsy file. I know we would never see those but they will exist. Marilyn's photograph was from her autopsy file.
Paul Walsh
aka 'garland'

Postby John Fricke » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:06 am

Perhaps there are others of which I'm not aware, but the only image of Monroe that I've seen like that was taken by someone who sneaked a camera into the morgue.

It had nothing to do with anything that could have been termed "official" or autopsy-related photography.
John Fricke

Postby bluedahlia1922 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:52 pm

I can't even imagine looking at a picture of hers post-mortem. I think I would sit there just crying in front of the computer screen for hours. :smt010 I saw the Marilyn Monroe ones by accident I was a little shaken up.
....So I can't quite be called overnight sensation
For it started many years ago
When I was born in a trunk at the Princess Theatre
In Pocatello, Idaho. ......
bluedahlia1922

Postby kittengirl1000 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm certain I saw on a post a few years ago by someone saying they saw a picture of her dead body
Judy fan since 2002
kittengirl1000

Postby JustynHart » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:30 am

I hate to bring this topic back up, but I came across an article of a man who worked at the funeral home where Judy's funeral took place. He has a interesting story to tell about the "behind the scenes" of her funeral. If you think it will make you uncomfortable don't read it, it's slightly graphic in parts.

http://open.salon.com/blog/tale_teller/ ... _handles_2
JustynHart

Postby MrMonotony » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:32 pm

I've read that story before. It was interesting to hear that the dress that Judy was buried in was a replica of the one she married Mickey Deans in and not the actual one she wore on her wedding day in March 1969. The rest ... uggh *shudder*.
*Sig by tinman*
What do you do when you love somebody so much ... and they don't even know you're around?
MrMonotony

Next

Return to JUDY: IN GENERAL