[TWOO] Ruby Slipper Boudoir at Harrods London

Be creative, see stuff made by others or trade and collect.
Just sell without real membership? No! Read our special notice.
Forum rules
Click here to view the board rules of the Judy Garland Message Board

[TWOO] Ruby Slipper Boudoir at Harrods London

Postby a_star_is_born » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Close your eyes…tap your heels together…once, twice and you’re there!

These limited edition ruby slippers are a must-have for all fans of the iconic 1939 film, The Wizard of Oz. What’s more 10% of the proceeds from each pair sold goes to support Great Ormond Street Hospital, Harrods annual Christmas charity appeal.

Come along to the Ruby Slipper Boudoir on the Second Floor and treat yourself to a future collector’s item whilst helping improve the lives of the patients of Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Ruby slippers prices:
Infant (sizes 3-9) - £19.95
Junior (sizes 10-2) - £24.95
Adult (sizes 3-8) - £29.95

http://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/Glo ... c65f08c0ad
a_star_is_born

Re: Ruby Slipper Boudoir now open at Harrods London

Postby ziegfeldgirl » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:11 pm

They are absolutely beautiful!!! Very well designed, and very reasonably priced!
ziegfeldgirl

Postby a_star_is_born » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:15 pm

If i could get to London I would buy a pair. This picture was posted by Dannii Minogue and shows the box they come in:

a_star_is_born

Postby a_star_is_born » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:33 pm

More here about The Emerald City at Harrods

http://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/cam ... meraldcity

This year Harrods joins with Great Ormond Street Hospital for its annual Christmas charity appeal and pledges to raise £300,000 to fund three new bedrooms in the kidney unit. To mark the event, at 5.00pm on 29th October 2009 Harrods was magically transformed into The Emerald City.

This Christmas Harrods is celebrating the 70th Anniversary of the iconic film classic The Wizard of Oz. Dorothy and her friends will come alive creating magic throughout Knightsbridge with a Wizard of Oz Christmas Parade and special events within the store including a ruby slipper boudoir.

To launch the Wizard of Oz season Harrods has been transformed into the Emerald City with all bulbs of the famous façade turning a glittering green. Customers are invited to lend a hand and whilst doing so support Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity, making the holidays special for the less fortunate.
a_star_is_born

Postby Littlejessy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:41 pm

IM GOING with prettylittlenose were going to TAKE OVER. its going to be fabulous and yesssss childrens sizes go up to a size 2 HAHA im squeezing my bad boy size 3's in there haha. there not actually that nice but you got to buy them really.
Littlejessy

Postby Littlejessy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:42 pm

actually the money goes to charity how much bad karma would i get if i got the size 2's just for the childrens price. that is tight. i will splash out haha get the adult size 3 haha.
Littlejessy

Re: [TWOO] Ruby Slipper Boudoir at Harrods London

Postby PrettyLittleNose » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Im going to cry, they're too amazing, what if they sell out! I will need a size 6. Can you call and reserve? How can you say they're not that nice, they're like the real Dorothy ones. I'm desperate to go I wish I never looked at this thread now I'm even more desperate cant wait cant wait cant wait. Look at the box! Im so excited!!!!!!! And I just know something really inappropriate is going to happen at the boudoir. Littlejessy will get too excited...
PrettyLittleNose

Postby Littlejessy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 pm

prettylittlenose AHHH HAHA. i will have to get my feet out. the squashed toes or fungal infection will cause some mayhem along the way im sure.
Littlejessy

Postby PrettyLittleNose » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:53 pm

I didnt even think of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wear socks?
It will be ok.
PrettyLittleNose

Postby PrettyLittleNose » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:54 pm

No just wear tights
PrettyLittleNose

Postby Littlejessy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 pm

the skanky no sorry CLASSY (lorna voice when you say the classy thank you kindly) primark tights. i will look fabulous rocking up to harrods with my old lady chicken legs. lets write in the diana book.
Littlejessy

Postby gethappyConor » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:58 am

Just so everyone has a heads up. I called Harrods last week looking for a pair, and THEY ARE SOLD OUT!

However the girl told me that due to popular demand they will be made available again by the end of this month. If you want a pair you are best to get your name in now to reserve a pair from the new order. :) That's what I did.
"I must keep on singing, like a lark going strong, with my heart on the wings of a song"
gethappyConor

Postby PrettyLittleNose » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:37 pm

THANK YOU FOR TELLING US!!!!!!!!!!! I knew they'd sell out before we got there :|

But I also knew that hope would not be lost! Do you just ring up? :mrgreen:
PrettyLittleNose

Postby ziegfeldgirl » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:10 pm

gethappyConor wrote:Just so everyone has a heads up. I called Harrods last week looking for a pair, and THEY ARE SOLD OUT!

However the girl told me that due to popular demand they will be made available again by the end of this month. If you want a pair you are best to get your name in now to reserve a pair from the new order. :) That's what I did.

Thanks for telling us Conor!! I am still in two minds whether to get a pair or not since I have my own replicas...they are a nice souvenier from Harrods to commemorate the anniversary, but I don't really need them!
ziegfeldgirl

Postby gethappyConor » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:06 pm

PrettyLittleNose wrote:THANK YOU FOR TELLING US!!!!!!!!!!! I knew they'd sell out before we got there :|

But I also knew that hope would not be lost! Do you just ring up? :mrgreen:

Yep, Harrods will happily take a payment from you on the phone and then they'll post the shoes to you, even if your outside the UK. :)
"I must keep on singing, like a lark going strong, with my heart on the wings of a song"
gethappyConor

Next

Return to JUDY: TRIBUTE & COLLECTING